The general structure of the Ministry consists of its General Office and its representative missions, offices and departments in the Secretariat of the capital and the governorates of the Republic.
* The Minister shall directly follow the following:
Minister’s Office .
Council of the Ministry.
Department of Legal Affairs and Treaties.
Department of Decrees.
Department of Documentation and Information.
General Directorate of Planning and Research.
* The organizational structure of the Ministry consists of:
First: The political affairs sector consists of the following geographical and specialized units:
Department of the Arab World.
Department of Asia and Australia.
Chambers of Africa (including countries of the Arab Horn of Africa).
Circles of Europe.
Circles of the Americas.
B- The following specialized departments:
Department of International Organizations and Conferences.
Second: Financial and Administrative Affairs Sector:
General Administration of Financial and Administrative Affairs.
Department of Consular Affairs and Expatriates.
* Each sector is headed by an undersecretary with the rank of ambassador to be tested by the diplomatic staff and appointed by a presidential decree on the nomination of the Minister of Foreign Affairs and the approval of the Council of Ministers.
* The Department and the General Administrations shall be headed by a member of the diplomatic corps with the rank of Ambassador or Minister Plenipotentiary and shall be appointed by a decision of the Minister of Foreign Affairs.
* The organizational subdivisions of departments and public administrations shall be issued by a decision of the Minister.
* The organizational level of the minister’s office shall be determined by a department, and a decision of the Minister shall be issued by specifying its terms of reference.