Name: Awsan Abdullah AL-AUD.
Date of Birth: November 27, 1977
Place of birth: Aden – Republic of Yemen
Job Title: Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs
Language: Arabic – English.
Marital status: Married.
- Master of Arts in Diplomacy, University of Lancaster, United Kingdom, 2004. (Chevening Scholarship)
- Bachelor of Computer Science, Bangalore University, India, 1999.
- Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs since 2014 till present.
- Human Rights Officer, Minister’s Office, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, January 2011 to 2014.
- Economic and Development Officer – Permanent Mission of the Republic of Yemen to the United Nations – New York (July 2006 – December 2010).
- Chief negotiator of behave of the G77 in many UN resolutions related to economic and development Issues during Yemen’s Chairmanship of the Group of 77 and China in 2010,
- Rapporteur of the Economic Committee of the General Assembly of the United Nations at its Sixty-Third session (2008).
- European Affairs Officer, Minister’s Office, Ministry of Foreign Affairs (January 2003 – June 2006).
- Department of Code Division, Minister’s Office, Ministry of Foreign Affairs (January 2002 – January 2003).
Meetings and Conferences:
- 16th Council of Foreign Ministers Meeting of IORA. Bali, Indonesia. October 2017.
- 21st Session of the Human Rights Council, Geneva, Switzerland, 23-28 September 2012.
- 19th Session of the Human Rights Council, Geneva, Switzerland, 18 – 22 March 2012.
- 18th Session of the Human Rights Council, Geneva, Switzerland, 17-23 September 2011.
- The Tenth Conference of the States Parties to the Convention on Biological Diversity, Nagoya, Japan (October 11 to 29, 2010).
- The Conference of the United Nations high-level South-South Cooperation, Nairobi, Kenya (1 to 3 December 2009).
- The High-Level Conference on Climate Change and Transfer of Technology, Beijing, China (7 to 8 November 2008).
- The Twelfth Meeting of the Intergovernmental Commission for Economic Cooperation among Developing Countries, Yamsokoro, Ivory Coast (1 to 4 June 2008).
- Ministerial Committee of Yemen – Indonesian co-chaired by the Ministers of Foreign Affairs, Jakarta, Indonesia, (8 to 9 August 2005).
- Ministerial Committee of Yemen – Mauritanian co-chaired by the Ministers of Foreign Affairs, Nouakchott, Mauritania (15 to 16 April 2005).
- All UN General Assembly Meetings from 2006 – 2010.
- All United Nations Conferences related to Economic and Development issues, New York during the period 2006-2010.
- All annual meetings of Foreign Ministers of the Group of 77 and China, and the annual meetings of Foreign Ministers of the Least Developed Countries held in New York during the period 2006-2010.
- All Executive Board of the United Nations Development Programme and the United Nations Fund for Population meetings held in New York and Geneva during the period 2006-2010.