Awsan Abdullah Ahmed Al Oud
Undersecretary of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for Financial and Administrative Affairs
Place and date of birth: Aden – 27 November 1977
Marital Status: Married, father of two sons and a daughter.
– Holds a Master’s Degree in Diplomacy with Honors Class II, Lancaster University, UK, 2004.
– Bachelor of Computer Science, University of Bangalore, India, 1999.
– Human Rights Officer at the Office of the Minister of Foreign Affairs and member of the Technical Committee for Human Rights (January 2011 till now).
Preparing the Republic of Yemen’s statements before the Human Rights Council and participating in the drafting of the resolutions of Yemen in the Human Rights Council in Geneva.
– Leading the process of negotiating several UN General Assembly resolutions relating to social and economic affairs during the presidency of the Group of 77 and China at the United Nations in New York in 2010.
– Preparation and submission of several statements on behalf of the Group of 77 and China during the meetings of the Economic and Social Committee of the United Nations General Assembly in New York in 2010.
– Head of Economic and Social Affairs of the Permanent Delegation of the Republic of Yemen to the Unite