Name : His Excellency ,Mr Abdulmalik Abduljlil Ali Al-Mikhlafi
Position : Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Yemen.
– Born in Al Hossain village – Mikhlaf District – Governorate of Taiz – 1959.
– Married and has 3 sons and 2 daughters.
-Went to primary school and high school in City of Taiz.
(1984)- Received a Bachelor Degree of Laws from Sana’a University.
Political Affiliation and Activism:
(1974) – Joined the Nasserist Party as a preparatory school student.
(1979) – Member of Nasserist Party leadership in Governorate of Taiz.
(1980) – Secretary General of Taiz Branch , the Nasserist Party.
(1981) – Member of the Central Committee and Executive Committee of the Nasserist Party .
(1981) – Assigned as Supervisor for Al-Wahdawi newspaper, the mouthpiece of the Nasserist Party.
– Was imprisoned several times by former regime in (1978,1984,1985) due to his political views and activism.
Early Political & Journalism career :
(1978) – Student Contributor in the Students Corner, Algomhoriah newspaper.
(1978) – Presenter in the student’s Program in Taiz Radio.
(1979-1978) – Journalist in Algomhoriah newspaper.
(1982-1984) – Elected Secretary General of the Nasserist Unionist People’s Organization.
(1985) – Acting chairman of the External and Political Affairs committee for the Nasserist Party.
(1985) – Editor in chief of Al-Wahdawi newspaper issued Abroad.
(1990-1993) – Editor in chief of Al-Wahdawi newspaper issued in the Capital Sanaa.
(1993) – Secretary General of the Nasserist Organization after the adoption of the Multi Party system in the Republic of Yemen.
Membership in Civil Society Organizations :
– Founding member in the “Unifying Conference’’ of the Yemeni Journalists syndicate.
– Member of the Lawyers syndicate.
– Chairman, The Executive Bureau – Arab Democratic Forum.
Membership In Political Organizations:
– (1992-1994) National Alliance of the opposition .
– (1994-2000) The supreme council of the opposition parties.
– (2000-2015) The Joint Meeting Parties (JMP).
Official Public Career :
(1992) – Member of the Supreme Elections Committee.
(1993) – was granted Minister Rank.
(1997) – Member of Consultative Council.
(1997-Meantime) – Member of Shoura Council.
(2013) – Member of the National dialogue Conference.
(2015-Meantime) – Deputy Prime Minister , Minister of Foreign Affairs.
Mediation Missions and Political Dialogues:
– The National Consultative Conference.
– The prep committee for the National Dialogue.
– Member of the National Dialogue Conference (State Building Team).
– Chair of the Guarantees committee for the Implementation of the outcomes of the National Dialogue Conference.
– Member of the National Committee for the Implementation of the outcomes of the national Dialogue Conference.
– Member of the Mediation Committee in Saada first war.
– Member and Rapporteur, The National Committee for the observation of cease fire and implementation of agreement of Saada sixth war.